In the course of building a new game, you might not be thinking too much about your download manager, launcher interface, or game patching strategy. It’s easy to underestimate just how important these and many other aspects of game deployment are to the sustained success of your game.
To help you make the right choice for your game, here are the main questions to consider before you build your own game deployment solution:
- Will it reduce the cost of player acquisitions?
- Will it distribute and patch the game efficiently and effectively?
- Will it provide actionable tracking and analysis data?
- Will it meet future workflow and use case requirements?
- Do we have the people and expertise to design, build and manage this properly?
- Will this fit within the current timeline?
- Can we afford to do this?
- Can we maintain it once it’s built?
- Will it scale?
Understand the risks of building your own solution to make the right deployment choices for your online game. The choices you make can have a significant impact on your game and your bottom line.
To explore these questions in greater depth, click here to download our free article titled: Reality Check: What to Consider Before You Build Your Own Online Game Deployment Solution (PDF).